The election of DEXCO was held at Youth Centre on 3rd of October, where almost 80 youth were present for the meeting representing 40 parishes. The new DEXCO was elected in an open election organized by Fr. Praveen, the Regional Youth Director and his team from Hyderabad. The new DEXCO consists of eight members who came forward willingly, voluntarily to co-ordinate the youth apostolate, to promote and encourage the existing Catholic youth movements at parish and diocesan level. This one-day seminar began with the lighting of the lamp by Most. Rev. Thelagathoti Joseph Raja Rao SMM, Bishop of Vijayawada, Fr. Praveen, the Regional Youth Director and Fr. John Babu, the Diocesan Youth Director. His Lordship addressed the youth saying, “Youth is the backbone to our Catholic Church and being a member in the Catholic family we must build faith in every member of our family”. He also encouraged and inspired youth with his inspiring words.
The newly elected DEXCO is as follows;
1. President : Ch. Vinod Kumar (Guntupalli parish)
2. General Secretary : Theresa Manasvi (Nandigama Parish)
3. Vice President : D. Bhargavi (St. Paul’s Cathedral)
4. Treasurer : B. Venu (Azzampudi Parish)
5. Sports Secretary : P. Anil (Siluvagirinagar Parish)
6. Cultural Secretary : V. Karunkumar (Manginapudi Parish)
7. Male Representative : D. Anand Sasi (Pezzonipet Parish)
8. Female Representative : G. Mrunalini (Velpur Parish)
Let us wish, congratulate and pray that this new DEXCO would give their best to our diocese and help a fruitful animation of the youth in the diocese. Special thanks to all the parish priests who responded for this diocesan level youth meet.