Patron : St.Joseph the Worker
Address : Rev. Fr. Kattrukudiyil Abraham Thomas
Catholic Church, RCM UP School
VIJAYAWADA – 520 013
Telephone No : 0866 – 247 53 25
➢ Nirmala Sishu Bhavan- MC- Missionaries of Charity
➢ St. Mary’s RCM U.P. School
➢ Community Hall for Tailoring
Catholics : 1477
Chapels : 01
Catechists : 01
Substations : 03
Parish Schools : 01
Teachers : 15
The parish of Ranigarithota, is geographically located between the Ring Road and the Krishna river bund. It was canonically made as parish on September 1, 1991 by bifurcating the parish of Labbipeta. Fr. Francis Sales Purathechirayil was appointed its first parish priest. The Sisters of Missionaries of Charity had already established their Convent and Sishu Bhavan in this area in 1981. A community hall with chapel was also blessed and opened on August 22, 1992.
When the Municipal Corporation took over for the new Bus stand, the site of Marianagar (Bhaskaraopeta) together with the R.C.M. School there, the displaced families among whom there were many Catholics, moved over to settle around the new Krishna Bridge near Ranigarithota. Fr. Thanam Marreddy, parish priest of Labbipeta, secured about 18 cents there for the school from the Municipality and built a school and imposing three storied building with a church and parish quarters on the ground floor and the other two floors for the school. The parish and the school were solemnly blessed and opened by Bishop Joseph Thumma on August 24, 1991 in the presence of the Collector, Rajiv Sharma and a big crowd of people.
Krishna Lanka, Balaji Nagar, Ramlingaswara Nagar.
Former Parish Priests :
Fr. Purathechirayil Francis Sales (Sep 1991 – Apr 1998)
Fr. Mannala Peter (Apr 1998 – May 2007)
Fr. Bontha Lourdhu Francis (May 2007 – May 2012)
Fr. Papi Reddy Basani (May 2012-Oct 2016)
Fr. Kattrukudiyil Abraham Thomas ( Nov 2016 –