PEDANA

Patron : St. Peter Claver
Parish Priest : Rev. Fr. James Varikuty

Address : Parish Priest
Catholic Church
PEDANA, Krishna Dt. – 521 366

Telephone No : 08672 – 24 82 66
Catholics : 1495
Chapels : 08
Catechists : 05
Substations : 13
Parish Schools : 02
Teachers : 04

Institutions:
➢ Premanjali Convent ( Ursuline Franciscan Congregation)
➢ St.Peter Clever Parish Orphanage for Boys
➢ Elementary School

History:
Pedana(1947), affiliation of Machilipatnam, became an independent parish in October 1971. Rev.Fr.B.Venturin PIME was the pioneer missionary of this area. The diocese purchased four acres of land with a house to start the parish. Fr.Kalakal Anthony re-modelled the house and Fr.K.Abraham Thomas built the parish Church in 1975. Fr. Polisetty Jayaraju rebuilt the parish church in 2005.

A shrine of the Infant Child Jesus was built in the parish grounds by Fr. Kavalam Francis in 1991 and another shrine depicting ‘Death and Resurrection’ was built by Fr. John Matthew in 2007. To have a convent for ‘Ursuline Franciscan Congregation’ diocese allotted 15 cents from the parish grounds. However, with the consent of the Bishop, a total of 20 cents were allotted by the parish priest. The sisters constructed their house and began their works in the parish in 2009.

Substations: 13
Balliparu (1954), Bodagunta(1941), Buddalapalem, Devarapalli (1947), Kakaralamudi (1988), Kanchadam (1927), Madaka(1972), Munjuluru (1966), Pullapadu (1928), Telugupalem (1949), Thotamaula (1960), Gunnalapalli, Chittipalem.

Former Parish Priests:
Fr.Mannala Peter (Oct 1971 – Mar 1973)
Fr.Kalakal Anthony (Mar 1973 – Sep 1973)
Fr.K. Abraham Thomas (Sep 1973 – Mar 1981)
Fr.Bezwada Samuel John (Mar 1981 – Apr 1984)
Fr.Pamiti John Stephen (May 1984 – Dec 1986)
Fr.Panthalanikal Thomas (Dec 1986 – Jun 1990)
Fr.Kavalam Francis (Jun 1990 – May 1994)
Fr. Lamu Jaya Raju (May 1994 – May 2003)
Fr. Polisetty Jaya Raju (May 2003 – May 2006)
Fr. T. John Mathew (May 2006 – July 2016)

Fr. James Varikuty ( Aug 2016 –