Patron : St. Joseph
Parish Priest : Rev. Fr. Basil S.J, OMI
Address : Parish Priest
Krishna Dt. – 521 207
Telephone No : 08656-22 77 84
Catholics : 4759
Chapels : 14
Prayer Huts : 01
Catechists : 12
Substations : 15
Parish Schools : 01
Teachers : 01
Musunuru(1974) was bifurcated from Ramnakkapeta parish and was erected into a parish in March 1984. The new parish has been entrusted to the Oblates of Mary Immaculate (OMI) and Fr. Ambrose Anthonysamy OMI was appionted its first parish priest. The Church there was constructed in 1975 by Fr.John Simonella PIME.
The Oblate Fathers added a shed just behind the Church to serve as residence temporarily until they have moved into the new House a Few furlongs away which they named “Arpanalayam”. The sisters of the Congraegation of ICM came to the parish in sept. 1980 and occupied the house vacated by the Fathers and left after few years. In 2002 the Parish Priest came back to the parish headquarters since Arpanalayam was made congregation’s Novitiate. In 2005 a new Presbytery (St. Eugene Griham) was built which was named after St. Eugene, their Founder. Fr. Basil renovated the Church and it was blessed by Most Rev. Prakash Mallavarapu in 2009.
Annapanevari Gudem, Chintalavalli (1955), Ellapuram ( 1903,) Gopavaram Mdg, (1934), Gopavaram Mlp (1956), Katreni Padu mdg (1960), Katrenipadu. Mlp (1956), Mukkolupadu (1954), Peddapattuvarigudem (1945), Santhapuram (1955), Simhadripuram (1953), Velpucherla Mdg (1954), Velpucherla Mlp (1940), Velnkatapuram (1955), Chinnabainapalli.
Former Parish priests:
Fr. Ambrose Anthony Swamy OMI (Mar 1984 – Apr 1989)
Fr. Cyril J Augustine OMI (Apr 1989 – Feb 1992)
Fr. Vadakoot Simon OMI (Feb 1992 – Jul 1993)
Fr. Pragasam Paniadimai OMI (Jul 1993 – May 1998)
Fr.Cheruparambam Varghese (May 1998 – Aug 1999)
Fr.Kalloor Tomy Thomas (Aug 1999 – Aug 2002)
Fr.Cheruparambam Varghese (May 2002 – May 2008)
Fr. S.J. Basil OMI (May 2008