Patron : St. John Maria Vianney
Parish Priest : Rev. Fr. Mendem Francis Sarath
Address Parish Priest
John Maria Vianney Parish
Via Pedagonnuru, Mudinepalli Mandal
Krishna Dt. 521 329
Telephone number :
Catholics : 1691
Chapels : 14
Catechists : 08
Substations : 17
Korukollu was canonically erected into a parish in 1979. It was formed out of 33 villages taken from Bantumilli, Mudinepalli and Kalidindi. Rev. Fr. Mathew Mangileti was the first Parish Priest; He built the Presbytery, ‘Good Samaritan Hospital’ and laid the foundation for a new parish church. In 1984, Rt. Rev. Bishop Gorantla Johannes (late), the second parish priest, completed the new parish church. Rev. Frs. Mallavalli Balaswamy, Pannengaden John Prasad, Eleti William Jayaraju, Golla Vijaya Kumar, Melchior and Kakumanu Kiran were the past parish priests.
On 17-04-2008, 16 villages were taken from Korulollu and “Kothapally” a new parish was canonically erected by Most. Rev. Bishop Prakash Mallavarapu. This parish was named after St. John Maria Vianney and Rev. Fr. Pidathala Balaswamy was appointed as its first parish Priest.Kothapalli was bifurcated from Korukollu and was canonically erected a parish on 17th April 2008. Fr. P. Balaswamy was appointed as the first parish priest.
SUBSTATIONS : 17
Arjavanigudem, Bandlagudem Thuurpu (1936), Bandlagudem Padamara (1948) Gayampadau, Karshaka (1982), Malaparajugudem (1950), Mariyapuram, Penumalagudem (2005), Ravigunta (1982), Urimi,Vutukuru (1946), Vaivakamadya (1947), Vaivakagaruvu (1945), Vanudurru (1952), Vadavalli (1926).
FORMER PARISH PRIESTS:
- Fr. Pidathala. Balaswamy ( April 2008 –
- Fr. Nimmagadda Ramesh (
- Fr. Mendem Francis Sarath (