KODURU

Patron : St. Thomas
Parish Priest : Rev. Fr. Amarlapudi. Karunakar
Address : Parish Priest
St. Thomas Church, IB Peta
KODURU, Divi Thaluka
Krishna Dt. – 521 301

Telephone No : 08671-20 24 12

Catholics : 2463
Chapels : 07
Prayer huts : 01
Catechists : 09
Substations : 20
Schools : 04
Teachers : 10

Institutions:
➢ St. Thomas Orphanage

History :
Koduru, a civil mandal and an outstation of Avanigadda parish since 1921, was bifurcated from the parish of Avanigadda and made as parish on 22nd May 2005. Koduru was part of Avanigadda Mission and this area was first Evangelized and baptized by PIME Missionaries in 1906. Catholic faith is very strong and the Priests and catechists who worked in this area did a wonderful work of Evangelization.

Substations: 20
Chinna Vullipalem (1950), Dhintimeraka (1934), Georgepeta (1963), Ishmael Bigpeta (2006), Jayapuram (1940), Lingareddypalem (1913), Mandapakala (1942), Naidupeta (1945), Narasimhapuram (1955), Narepalem (1932), Gudumotu, Pedagudimotu (1906), Pedda Vullipalem (1924), Pittalanka (1924), Salempalem (1918), Vetapalem (1981), Viswanadhapalli (1940), Hamsaladeevi, Jaruguvaripalem, Palakayatippa.

Former Parish Priests
Fr. Pasala Thomas (May 2005 – May 2012)
Fr. Amarlapudi Karunakar (May 2012 –