GUNTUPALLI

Patron : Mary Help of Christians
Parish Priest : Rev. Fr. Lourdu Francis Bontha
Address : Parish Priest
Catholic Church
GUNTUPALLI
Krishna Dt. – 521 241

Telephone number : 0866-283 29 24
Catholics : 1812
Chapels : 03
Prayer huts : 01
Catechists : 04
Substations : 04
Parish Schools : 02
Teachers : 03

Institutions:
➢ Sacred heart Provincilate (St. Ann’s of Bangalore)
➢ Don Bosco English Medium High School
➢ St. Ann’s Convent & English Medium school
➢ St. Ann’s Hostel for Girls
➢ St.Ann’s Formation House

History:
Guntupalli (1951) was bifurcated from Gollapudi and erected into a parish on April 26, 1989 and was entrusted to the Salesian Fathers. Fr. Alappat Jose constructed the presbytery in 1990 and obtained permission for the construction of parish church in the place of old chapel built by Fr. Marampudi Joji in 1973. The parish is looked after by the diocese since 1993. The new Parish Church was constructed by Fr. Marredy and was blessed by Most Rev. Joseph Thumma on ********. On 10th July, 2008 new parish Paidurupadu was made from Guntupalli and given to OMI Congregation.

Substations: 04
Lourdu Nagar, Thummalapalem (1977), Wagon Workshop colony (1951), Santhi Nagar (1958).

Former Parish Priests:
Fr. Aloysius SDB ( 1989 – ad tempus)
Fr. Alappat Jose SDB (May 1989 – May 1992)
Fr. Aiyyarappallil John SDB (May 1992 – May 1993)
Fr. Golla Vijaya Kumar (May 1993 – Jun 1995)
Fr. Inti Anthony (June 1995 – May 2003)
Fr. B. Papi Reddy (May 2003 – May 2007)
Fr. G. Melchior Raju (May 2007 – June 2011)
Fr. Peram Dem Devadatham (June 2011 – May 2012)
Fr. Lourdu Francis Bontha (May 2012 –