GUDLAVALLERU

Patron : St. Joseph The Worker
Parish Priest : Rev. Fr. Neerakkel Mathew, SJ
Address : Parish Priest
Catholic Church
Gudlavalleru
Krishna Dt. – 521 356

Telephone number : 08674- 27 37 24

Catholics : 2559
Chapels : 16
Catechists : 08
Substations : 20

History:
Gudlavalleru was bifurcated from Gudivada and canonically erected on 25th, 1976. This village was baptized by Fr. A Bianchi on 20th May, 1928. The Parish Church was built by Fr. George Puthenpura and was blessed by Bishop Joseph Thumma on 14th December, 1979. A new presbytery was constructed in 1986 by Fr. Thumma Albin. In the year 2004 the parish was entrusted to the pastoral care of Jesuits and Fr. A. Esthaky Selvaraj ws appointed as the first Jesuit parish priest.

Substations: 20
Angaluru (1965), Balarampuram (1967), Chandrala (1942), Chintalagunta (1955), Dokiparru (1936), Kavutharam (1955), Kurada old (1955), Kurada New (1955), Mariampeta (1953), Mukkollu (1951), Nujella (1990), Penjendra (1970), Pesubhotlapalem (1974), Seridaggumilli(1957), Serikalavapudi (1960), Serchintala, Thadicherla (1951), Venuthurumilli (1970), Vinnakota (1955, Chintalagunta, Subbicheruvu.

Former Parish Priests:
Fr. Puthenpura George PIME (Jun 1976 – Jan 1980)
Fr. Bezwada Samuel John (Acting PP) (Feb 1980 – Mar 1981)
Fr. Vadakel George (Apr 1981 – Sep 1985)
Fr. Thumma Albin (Sep 1985 – Mar 1988)
Fr. Mannala Zacharias (Mar 1988 – Jun 1991)
Fr. Kaithakott Jose (Jun 1991 – Apr 1998)
Fr. Gude Melchior Raju (Apr 1998 – May 2004)
Fr. A. Esthaky Selva Raj, S.J (May 2004 – May 2009)
Fr. Peter Peram SJ (May 2009 –
Fr. Neerakkel Mathew, SJ ()