GOODMANPETA (GUDIVADA TWO-TOWN)

Patron : St. Teresa of Avila
Parish Priest : Rev. Fr. Bantumilli Yohan
Address : Parish Priest
Catholic Church, Goodmanpet
Pamarru Road, GUDIVADA
Krishna Dt. – 521 301

Telephone number : 08674- 24 47 74

Catholics : 5690
Chapels : 13
Catechists : 09
Substations : 17
Parish Schools : 02
Teachers : 03

Institutions:
➢ Holy Cross convent (sisters of holy Cross of Chavanod)
➢ Holy Cross English Medium School

History
Goodmanpet (1978) was bifurcated from Gudivada parish and was erected into a parish in September 1985, and Fr. Mannala Zacharias was appointed its first parish priest, with residence at Gudivada. Goodmanpet was received into the Faith by Fr. P Francis sales in 1976. Fr. Joseph Kalloparambil bought the site. Fr. Kalackal Anthony started the parish church and was completed by Fr. Matthew Thoppil. The church was blessed in 1987 the golden Jubilee year of the diocese. The ground floor of the presbytery was built by Fr. Thoppil Matthew (Parish Priest of Gudivada) and the first floor was put up by Rev. Vadakel George who also erected a crucifix at the entrance. The Sisters of the Holy Cross of Chavanod have opened their house and in English medium School on 10th August, 1992.

Substations: 17
Bapujinagar (1930), Billapadu (1925), Bommaluru (1959), Chilakamudi (1927), Chautapalli (1925), Dondapadu (1927), Harijanapuram (1967), Kandrika (1959), Moturu (1925), Pedapalaparu (1927), Prathipadu (1981), Saidapudi (1979), Seri Dentakuru (1954), Velupuri Siddantham (1951), Valivarthipadu (1962), Ramanapudi,. Gaugadharapuram, Gudivada town.

Former Parish Priests:
Fr. Mannala Zacharias (Sep 1985 – July 1987)
Fr. Thoppil Mathew (Gudivada PP) (July 1987 – July 1989)
Fr. Vadakel George (July 1989 – July 1997)
Fr. Peram Devadatham (July 1997 – May 2004)
Fr. K. Maria Babu (May 2004 – June 2011
Fr. Melchior Raju Guda (June 2011 – Oct 2016)

Fr. Bantumilli Yohan ( Nov 2016 –