EDARA

Patron : Mary Help of Christians
Parish Priest : Rev. Fr. Antony Padinjarekumblathu, VC
Address : Parish Priest
RCM Church
Edara, Agiripalli Mandal
Krishna Dt. – 521 211

Telephone number : 08656 – 22 63 92

Catholics : 3723
Chapels : 06
Catechists : 03
Substations : 05
Parish Schools : 02
Teachers : 07

Institutons:
➢ Navajeevan Home
➢ Jeevanilayam Convent

History:

The community was baptied in 1928. It was part of Avutapalli parish until Nuzvid was erected a parish in 1953. Fr. Chatamparampil Thomas built a small attached chapel at Edara in 1965. It was erected parish on 11 August, 1999. The parish is entrusted to the Pastoral care of Vincentian Fathers. The Shrine of Our Lady of Perpetual Help was erected by Fr. Mathew Thoppil and was blessed by Most Rev. Joseph Thumma on 14th November, 1980. The Annual feast of the Shrine takes place on 22nd, 23rd, and 24th of January every year. The new parish church was built by Fr. Bernard in the year 2005 and blessed by Most Rev. Prakash Mallavarapu.

Substations: 05
Boddanapalli (1957), Rajavaram Gollagudem (1926), Bathulavarigudem Mlp (1974), Bathulavarigudem Mdg. (1955), Yanamadala (1955).

Former Parish Priests:

Fr. Mathew Kunnel VC (Aug 1999 – 2001)
Fr. Benard VC ( 2001 – June 2007)
Fr. Antony Padinjarekublathu VC (June 2007 –