AZZAMPUDI

Patron : St. Francis Xavier
Parish Priest : Rev. Fr. Suvisesha Rao Nitta, MF

Address : Catholic Church
Azzampudi, Krishna Dt. – 521 102

Telephone No : (08676) 25 44 82

Catholics : 829
Chapels : 01
Catechists : 01
Substations : —
Parish Schools : 01
Teachers : 02

Institutions :
➢ Fathers of Missionaries of Faith
➢ Ursuline Nivas (Ursulines of Mary Immaculate)

History:

Azzampudi is a village located very close to the Gannavaram Airport. The village received catholic faith in 1913. Fr. Anthony Lanza built the old chapel at Azzampudi. It was part of Avutapalli parish until Kesarapalli was erected a parish in 1961. In 2000, the missionaries of Faith (MF) opened their formation house in the village. Since then, the mission station is entrusted to the pastoral care of the Missionaries of Faith.

Former Parish Priests:

Fr. Joseph Pathiyil MF (March 2000 – 2001)
Fr. Marshal Manohar MF (May 2001 – 2003)
Fr. Martin Aluckal MF (May 2003 – 2006)
Fr. Prabhakar Reddy Vangala MF (May 2006 – 2009)
Fr. Raju Baluvuri MF (May 2009 –
Fr. Suvisesha Rao Nitta, MF (