ARUGOLANU

Patron : St. Theresa of Infant Jesus
Parish Priest : Rev. Fr. Johnny D’Cruz
Address : Parish Priest
Catholic Church
ARUGOLANU, Krishna Dt. – 521 106
Telephone No : (08676) 28 82 51

Catholics : 1760
Chapels : 12
Catechists : 07
Substations : 12

Institution:
➢ Sneha Bhavan Convent (Ursaline Sisters of Somasca).

History:
The parish of Arugolanu was bifurcated from the parishes of Jyothinagar, Telaprolu, Gudivada and Vennanapudi and was canonically erected on 01 December, 1993. The Parish Church and the Presbytery were built by Rev. Fr. Eleti William Jayaraju. “Adma jorem Dei Glorium” the Church of St. Theresa of Infant Jesus was solemnly blessed and inaugurated on 7-7-1994 by Most Rev. Joseph Thumma. The presbytery at Arugolanu parish was dedicated to Jesus the Good Shepherd and was solemnly blessed and inaugurated by His Excellency, Most Rev. Mulagada John, the Bishop of Eluru on the same day. Fr. Ajay Kumar undertook many construction works of building a stage and new Chapel in Pedalingala village. He also renovated the parish presbytery and chapel at Apparao peta village.

Substations: 12
Apparaopeta (1950), Aripala (1963), Chinna- Lingala (1948), Ogirala (1987), Peda- Lingala (1948), Sirivada (1943), Puttagunta Gudem (1927), Puttagunta Paulpuram (1964), Thippanakunta (1965), Thippanakuntakrothagudem (2002), Kandrika (2003), Ogirala Palem (2003).

Former Parish Priests:

Fr. Ezharath Joseph (Dec 1993 – April 1994)
Fr. Kallooparampil Joseph (April 1994 – May 2003)
Fr. Mathew Thoppil (May 2003 – May 2009)
Fr. Amire Ajay Kumar (May 2009 – Oct 2016)

Fr. Johnny D’Cruz ( Nov 2016 –