1. The Holy Masses and the Celebrants:-
-The Holy Masses were the core and centre of all the celebrations each day. Each day’s celebration was begun with the Holy Eucharistic celebration. Dignitaries of Capuchins and dioceses were the main celebrants along with many other concelebrants. Jubilee celebrations were declared open by Rev. Fr. Melchior Kata OFM Cap, the provincial minister of Marymatha Capuchin province during the holy mass on 13th morning; he was the main celebrant of the mass , along with priests of the community in Avutapally. All the solemn masses were offered in the morning and in the evening on the stage (Br. Joseph Thamby Kalaavedika). There were masses offered for the faithful in the main church during the day time too. Most Rev. Jayarao Polimera, the bishop of Eluru, Most Rev. Paul Maipan, the bishop of Khammam, Most Rev. NEWS IN VINCULO CHRISTI 21 FEBRUARY 2020 Antony Poola, the bishop of Kurnool diocese, Most. Rev. Joseph Raja Rao SMM, the bishop of Vijayawada, Fr. Devadas Duguta OFM Cap, the rector of Br. Joseph Thamby Shrine Pedda Avutapally were the main celebrants of the holy masses respectively for the morning and the evening solemn masses on 13th, 14th and 15thJanuary, 2020. Many priests from different dioceses participated in these Eucharistic Celebrations.
2. Faith and Faithful ( Pilgrims):-
Lakhs of pilgrims visited the shrine not only on the designated three days of the festival but also the later days, up to 18th of January. People of all faiths visited and prayed for their intentions through the intercessions of the servant of God, Br. Joseph Thamby.
3. New Ventures and Religious Articles:
Br. Joseph Thamby: “Br. Joseph Thamby” a biography (in Telugu) written by Fr. Praveen Kumar Gopu OFM Cap, the editor of “Thamby Velugu “ magazine and Fr. Devadas Duguta OFM Cap, the Rector of Br. Joseph Thamby Shrine was released by Most Rev. Joseph Raja Rao SMM, the bishop of Vijayawada, during the Holy Eucharistic celebration on 15th of January.
• Mementoes :- Mementoes labelled “ Br. Joseph Thamby’s, 75th Death Anniversary“ conceived and designed by Fr. Melchior Kata OFM Cap, and his definitors, were released by Most Rev. Joseph Raja Rao SMM, the bishop of Vijayawada, on 15th of January.
• The Image (statue) of Br. Joseph Thamby:- The Image (statue) of Br. Joseph Thamby was unveiled , prayed over, and blessed by Fr. Melchior Kata OFM Cap, in the presence of all his definitors, Fr. Devadas Duguta OFM Cap, Fr. Innababu Polamarasetty OFM Cap, Fr. Joseph Paladugu OFM Cap, many other priests and a huge number of pilgrims on 13th of January.
• Br. Joseph Thamby Kalaavedika:- The renovation and extension of “Br. Joseph Thamby Kalaavedika” is another remarkable venture of the year as well as the jubilee.
4. Thanksgiving Holy Mass:-
A Thanksgiving Holy Mass was offered in the evening of the last day of the jubilee i.e 15th of January by the members of the community (Pedda Avupally) i.e., Fr. Devadas Duguta OFM Cap,the rector of the shrine, Fr. Innababu Polamarasetty OFM Cap, the parish priest, Fr. Joseph Paladugu OFM Cap, the assistant parish priest, Br. Francis Kunnapalli, along with other priests. Glory be to the Triune Godhead, Amen.